Windows 8 "Destination folder access denied" errors RRS feed

• Question

• I just got a dual boot setup so I have Windows 8 to go along with my Windows 7.

I am trying to set some things up that help with my development efforts. So I copied a bat file on my c:\ folder and do a paste. I get a "Destination Folder Access Denied" message box that tells me I'll need admin privs to do this (I am a member of administrators but the software isn't smart enough to check before bothering me). I click the "Continue" button and the file is copied.

Now I want to modify it. So I right-click "edit", open and edit the file. I go to save ... and I get a message asking if I want to save, I click OK and I get "Access Denied".

So I opened the original file, modified it and did a "Save as". I get a message box telling me I don't have permission to save and am prompted to save to my personal folder. So I do. Then I go to that folder, copy the file and paste back into c:\ (hitting continue when the not-so-smart program tells me I'll need admin privs, of course).

So why do I have to go through all these steps simply to save to c:\? I also tried my d:\ folder with the same results. I can copy&paste (using "continue", of course), but I cannot edit the file, original or the copy.

R.D. Holland

Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:19 PM

All replies

• You are not the only person with "Access denied" problems. There are billions worldwide with this issue. Microsoft smartasses think the own us and can decide for us. It's our computer you morons! let us decide
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:23 AM