none
monitor an application RRS feed

• Question

• Environment is Windows server, R2008 I think, a 64 bit server.

We need to monitor the performance of an application and log some data in a text file There is a field called Commit and we need to check and record its value over an entire day.  How can this be done?   I suspect power shell can do it but have never used that.

I have found the command get-process but only the second line (the values) is needed and is to be written to a CSV file.

~jag77 We need to know what a dragon is before we study its anatomy. (Bryan Kelly, 2010)

• Edited by JAG77 Saturday, March 28, 2015 9:06 PM more info
    Saturday, March 28, 2015 8:26 PM

All replies

• I believe all of what you have mentioned can be done through Powershell but we will probably require additional information.

You say you are looking to monitor a field called "Commit" and check it's value throughout the day but where is this field stored?  You mention a text file but is that field stored in the text file or some database somewhere?

In powershell, the cmdlet 'Get-Process' displays information on processes. You say that you only need the "values" but as I understand the other fields provide context, at least the process name, so that you know what the data pertains to.  Perhaps you could explain in greater detail exactly what you are looking for?

Thanks,

Steve

tumtum

@tumtum73

Sunday, April 12, 2015 5:56 PM