none
Unable to delete VHDs

Question

• Hi All

I am struggling to delete the VHD under the disks.

I have deleted the VHDs using cloudxplorer , but not able to delete them from UI

when I try to delete the storage container , it errors out

Storage account cloudatlas has  container(s) which have an active image and/or disk artifacts. Ensure those artifacts are removed from the image repository before deleting this storage account

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you want to delete the storage account, you need to delete any images/disks you have remaining in that storage account.
    Go to Virtual Machines -> "Disks" or "Images" tab -> select the images/disks that you have located in the Storage Account you want to delete -> then hit the "Delete disk" or "delete image" command. Back these up if you need before hitting the delete.
    Once the images/disks in the storage account have been deleted, you should be able to delete the storage account.
    some insights could be found at:  http://manasbhardwaj.net/windows-azure-failed-to-delete-storage-account/.

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:05 AM