Web Part Editor Doesn't Postback RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All.

I have created a master page (as a feature) that I am using on a Moss 2007 site. Everything seems to work fine except when you have webparts.

I can add web parts (eg. Content Editor Web Part) and make changes in the editor for the web part (eg. HTML source editor). However, when I click any of the buttons at the bottom (OK, Cancel, Accept), there is no postback. Its as if the buttons don't do anything.

Now if I change the master page for the site to an inbuilt master page, then these work fine. (my master page is derived from the minimal master page). I've also verified that the body contains a Forms element in which everything is added. Also looking at the rendered source, the buttons are set to Submit.

I'm just loosing my mind here and any help to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 8:43 PM

Answers

• I found the issue. I had a form element within the main form element. This was working for the page (inner form element would not work) but would cause issues for the editor panel buttons.

Eg.

Code Block

<form id="Form1" runat="server" onsubmit="return _spFormOnSubmitWrapper();">

<form action="http://www.blahblah.com/Search/index.cfm" method="post" name="TopSearch" style="display:inline;white-space:nowrap;background:none;">

</form>

</form>

Thursday, October 11, 2007 12:20 AM