none
Sql Server 2005 silent installation commands(Syntax) RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

Sql Server 2005 silent installation commands(Syntax)

I need to push Sql server from my MDT server so need a way to give it some quiet installation syntax.

Any help

Regards

Sharath

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 4:59 PM

All replies

• Sharath,

You can find a full reference for these commands in the following BOL Reference:

How to: Install SQL Server 2005 from the Command Prompt

If you have trouble working with them in test, post your full command line call back in this post, and we can try and see what is not working correctly.  I have written a number of installs from the command line, and it isn't overly difficult to do.  An example can be found in my post on the following thread:

Sql Serv Dev Edition Install Continuing Trouble. - MSDN Forums

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:47 PM
  • Hi,

I am using this command line to install Sql. But this does not install all of it. Can you help on getting this done please. 

Start /wait \\fileserver\shareddrive\Tools\setup.exe /qb ADDLOCAL=Client_Components,Connectivity,SQL_Documentation,SQL_Tools90

Thursday, July 17, 2008 1:52 PM
  • What specific components are you wanting installed?

Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:08 PM
  •  

I want the full install of the client.

Today i delivered 10 shystems with Sql Client and the users say that this is not the full install...

Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:12 PM
  • Try running it with only the parent component name:

Start /wait \\fileserver\shareddrive\Tools\setup.exe /qb ADDLOCAL=Client_Components

If you specify the parent name, it installs the child components.

Have you checked the machine to see that the components weren't actually installed correctly?  I would suspect that if you check, the components you listed would be installed completely, and the other components would not be.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 12:30 AM
  • Hi jonathan,

How can i check if its a full installation or not. The users say its not.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 1:59 PM