locked
Breakpoint in Javascript don't work RRS feed

  • Question

  • User343183466 posted

    Hi, I don't know the reason, but lately, my browser (Crhome and Firefox) isn't stoping in the breakpoints I set  in the javascript code.
    Actualy, it doesn't stop in the the breakpoints in the sourcecode, but, it creates some files called VMXXX.js (where 'XXX' is a three digit number) where, if I find the correct file and set a breakpoint, when the code is reached it stops in there. correctly

    Has anybody found this behaviour before?
    And, does anybody know why and how to solve this?

    Thanks

    Monday, December 10, 2018 3:01 PM

All replies

  • User438705957 posted

    Try for the low hanging fruit first.

    Are you running a minified version of the js file. Visual Studio won't hit the break points if you are.

    Tuesday, December 11, 2018 3:30 AM
  • User283571144 posted

    Hi jriosSO99,

    As far as I know, if js file is at local  and is accessed by file system not by http , and not imported by jquery : “$.getScript()”, then , the console shows js file name as "VMxxx" , that make it difficult to locate codes.

    I suggest you could try the following solutions to solve this problem.

    (1)If javascript code is invoked asynchronously, it cannot be found in the Sources directory. At this point, you just need to add a line of code(@ sourceURL=sv_popWin.js) to the JS you want to display. 

    (2)There is a {} icon at the bottom left of the debug < source > to prompt "pretty print", click, and chrome will open another file: formatted, which can be debugged.  The reason is that chrome mistakenly considers the source file compressed, so it can't debug breakpoints, just reformat it. 

    (3)Clear the cache or restart the browser.

    Best Regards,

    Brando

    Monday, December 17, 2018 2:36 AM