none
two binfs in system? RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I want to update my OS in Application, So I make three partitions: BinFS, BinFS and FAT32 in eboot, the two Binfs partitions, one is Active another is Inactive at the same time.

If only one Binfs partition has OS inside and another is empty, the system will load the right Active partition, if both have a OS live, the system will always load the first partition even if the second partition is a Active partition.

That is why? 

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:21 AM

All replies

• The logic which rules the operation is in the bootloader code %_WINCEROOT%\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\ETHDBG\BOOTPART which I didn't take a look into though.

I guess that the fact that there's an OS in the partition 'wins' over the fact that the partition is active or not so "if both [partitions] have a OS live, the system will always load the first partition even if the second partition is a Active partition".

As a test you may try this: valid OS in the first partition (not active) and no valid OS in the second

Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:25 AM