How to debug project with command arguments using visual studio SDK? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm developing a VS plugin with VS2017 now.

I wanna the plugin could start debug with the command arguments. but IVSSolutionBuildManage.debug() function do not has the parameter in SDK.

so, what can i do? or can u give a example for me?

thanks a lot!

Friday, November 23, 2018 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hi gaodongyu,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to the description, your issue is about the VS extension development. Since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, I will help you move this thread to the appropriate forum for a better support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, November 26, 2018 2:52 AM
  • I'm not sure I understand the question here.

Do you have a question about the IVsSolutionBuildManager.DebugLaunch API? How exactly are you attempting to invoke it?

Or are you asking if there is an alternative way to programmatically launch the project with command line arguments different than what is already specified for the active project configuration?

If it's the latter, you'll probably need to use something like IVsDebugger2.LaunchDebugTargets2, which takes a VsDebugTargetInfo2 argument, which has a bstrArg field that denotes the command line arguments used to launch the debugee process.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Friday, December 7, 2018 6:27 PM