none
Error "Server was unable to process request" in webservice RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a webservice (ASMX) hosted in remote server that I am trying to call from an orchestration. I’m using WCF-BasicHttp adapter with:

Security Mode=TransportCredentialOnly

Transport credential type=Basic

The webservice throw the following exception:

<soap:Fault xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>

<faultstring>Server was unable to process request. ---&gt; Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</faultstring>

<detail />

</soap:Fault>

I think the error is on security settings, because if the WebService is hosted on the local server it works fine.

Thanks for your help

Alejandro Gonzalez Jaramillo

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 3:14 PM

Answers

• Hello

I found what was the cause of the error, I was sending the message "Medidor" and after I changed for the message RegisterMedidorRequest  now it works fine.

Thanks for you help.

Alejandro Gonzalez Jaramillo.

Thursday, October 8, 2009 11:08 PM

All replies

• Can you browse to see the web service description page in Internet Explorer?

That error is also usually a runtime error - perhaps something is wrong with the config file on the service side.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 10:42 PM
  • Thanks Ben Cline1 for your help

Yes, i can see the description of the service from IE.

I dont think the error is the configuration, because the service works fine when i invoke it from another application different from BizTalk.

Thursday, October 8, 2009 5:09 PM
  • Hello

I found what was the cause of the error, I was sending the message "Medidor" and after I changed for the message RegisterMedidorRequest  now it works fine.

Thanks for you help.

Alejandro Gonzalez Jaramillo.

Thursday, October 8, 2009 11:08 PM