When is the camera completely initialized and ready to use? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, is there a way to tell when the camera is completely initialized/deactivated?  The reason I ask is because the app I'm working on has two different camera views and I need to keep the initialization and deactivation in sync.  Right now I can't tell the UI to not allow user input since I don't know when the camera is fully initialized or deactivated.   This causes the application to crash if the user switches between the views quickly.

Thanks

Friday, September 20, 2013 10:23 PM

All replies

• What exception is being thrown when it crashes? It seems that you'd be able to catch the exception to determine if the camera was ready or not.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, September 23, 2013 11:34 AM
  • I'm afraid the error is pretty non descriptive: "System.Exception: The text associated with this error code could not be found."  HResult = -1072875854
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 4:37 PM