locked
Unable to get AD profile information using InfoPath form in Sharepoint 2007 browser mode RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have followed the threads on this but haven't been able to resolve the issue with any of the suggestions provided.  I need to get the user's first and last name from their profile.  I created an InfoPath form using the "Get current user without writing code" blog directions I ran across here, using the standard userprofileservice.asmx service.  Everything works fine so long as I don't use the SharePoint browser option.  Then I get the error:

    An error occurred accessing a data source.
    An entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server.

    Log ID:5566

    I have attacked this from every angle I can think of:

    IE, Design checker - OK, SSP account, my account have AD read access, no problems getting to the site collection, as stated before, runs fine if I don't use the browser option

    Converted the connection to a udcx stored in the same site as the form library - tried both converted and unconverted connection - same problem, removed the connection altogether, everything works fine (but, of course, no profile info), works under InfoPath using either connection

    Set form with Domain trust

    Published it to a form library, also tried admin approved with full trust and signed - same problem

    Ran locally on SharePoint server and remotely - same problem

    I can find no entry in the Event log with ID 5566, however I pulled this from the SharePoint logs:

    Forms Services Runtime - Data C    82fy    Warning     The following query failed: GetUserProfileByName (User: DOCUTECHCORP\Kevinm, Form Name: KnowledgeBase, IP: , Request: http://sharepoint/_layouts/FormServer.aspx?XsnLocation=http://sharepoint/teams/client_support/KnowledgeBase/Forms/template.xsn&SaveLocation=http://sharepoint/teams/client_support/KnowledgeBase&Source=http://sharepoint/teams/client_support/KnowledgeBase/Forms/AllItems.aspx&DefaultItemOpen=1, Form ID: urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:KnowledgeBase:-myXSD-2011-03-09T21-01-47, Type: DataAdapterException, Exception Message: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.  Server was unable to process request. ---> Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation. The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.)    eecf5784-d576-4fe8-acd5-7f234d575618

    Looks like a permissions problem but not sure what else to try at this point.  I see my account name, but no others.  If I have access problems, not sure why it would work using InfoPath.  What am I missing?  Thanks in advance

    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:04 PM

Answers

  • Found the problem.  Some schlub switched my app pool account to a network service account.  Once I switched back to the domain account, it was pulling correctly.  Thanks for your time.

    Kevin McCarty
    • Marked as answer by Kevin McCarty Wednesday, April 6, 2011 5:06 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 5:06 PM

All replies

  • Did you disable the loopback check on the server?  When browser forms open, they open on the WFE, and if they make a query back to the same server, it invokes the Loopback check, which will block the connection unless you've addressed it.

    DisableLoopbackCheck & SharePoint: What every admin and developer should know.


    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:18 AM
  • Yes, the LoopbackCheck is disabled (forgot to mention that).
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:51 PM
  • Yes, the LoopbackCheck is disabled (forgot to mention that).

    Hmm, I'm surprised considering the error you got.  What browser was being used, and do you have load balanced WFEs?  Is anonymous access enabled at the web app or IIS level?
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:40 PM
  • I am using IE 8 and the installation is a single WFE, I have tried it with anonymous access enabled and disabled, also having the application pool using the network service account and a domain account.

    Kevin McCarty
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 5:00 PM
  • Found the problem.  Some schlub switched my app pool account to a network service account.  Once I switched back to the domain account, it was pulling correctly.  Thanks for your time.

    Kevin McCarty
    • Marked as answer by Kevin McCarty Wednesday, April 6, 2011 5:06 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 5:06 PM