none
Update custom Fields using Event Handler (ItemUpdated) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have custom field which has to be updated with a value when the project cost changes its value. Is there any Event Handler to manage this or any other option where I can resolve the solution.

Thanks

-Bob

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 10:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Bob there are many events that are raised potentially in project server. You can override an event handler to perform your business logic. Go to the server settings page in the PWA and follow the server side event handlers link. There you'll see events broken down by object to choose the event that makes the most sense; on project publish probably.

See the SDK for overriding events with your own logic and you'll need to interact with the PSI through asmx (deprecated) or through WCF using the svcCustomFields service.

cheers,

Ray

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 6:58 PM
  •  Just checking my alerts and see this one still hanging... Any luck Bob? Reading my post I should amend one thing... if you are wanting to update a custom field in a project you may not be able to use the onPublish event as the project is still checked out to the users. onCheckin you could read the project cost or a baseline cost etc. to copy that to a

Try something different because maybe this is an easier way: create a Custom field that is a formula and make it equal to one of the cost fields in there. YOu have a few. baseline, actual cost...

Ray Letts Arbutus Solutions

Saturday, June 9, 2012 6:02 PM