Missing path in service SAS URI. The path identifies the resource. RRS feed

• Question

• I get this error if I try to connect to an Azure file share in Azure Storage Explorer using a SAS URI that was generated for a folder within the share. If I generate a SAS for the entire share it works, but if I generate one for a folder within the share, I get this error when trying to connect.

Also - if I generate a SAS URI for a specific file in a share, I get the following error when trying to connect:

Invalid resource in SAS token. Only file share ('s') resources are supported.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 9:10 PM

All replies

• It appears that you are using service level SAS. More at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53937750/cant-create-working-shared-access-signature-for-azure-files

hth
    Marcin

Thursday, January 23, 2020 11:22 PM
  • So it appears if you generate a SAS token in Storage Explorer for a sub folder of a file share, you can only use the generated SAS URI to connect if you include a file name.  Why is that?  The SAS URI was created for the folder with Read and List permissions, why can't I connect to the folder using this SAS URI and list the contents?  

Also, I still can't figure out why generating a SAS URI for the file itself doesn't work.  As mentioned above, if I try to generate a SAS URI for a specific file in a share using Storage Explorer, and then try to create a connection using that URI in Storage Explorer, I get:

Invalid resource in SAS token. Only file share ('s') resources are supported.

Any idea why that is?

Thanks, Dan

Friday, January 24, 2020 7:06 PM
  • Seems MS are not interested in helping. Usual story.
    Saturday, May 9, 2020 5:19 PM