none
[UWP] Help hosting my Privacy Policy

Question

• Hi. I submitted an update package to the store for an app that was already published. It was rejected because it doesn't have any Privacy Policy Statement, i made no changes that needs a Privacy policy and the app has never collected any user information but as far as i've researched every app needs a privacy policy now (maybe it's something new) even to specify that the app does not collect anything from the user.

As i am very new to this matters i don't know where may i host my Privacy Policy Statement. I know i have to publish the Statement somewhere online. Please help me choosing where.

Azure websites are not an option to me, and i red Docs.com documents works but i'm trying something more elegant. I also have this website MyAppPolicy but it doesn't work when your declaration says that you don't collect any information.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, September 26, 2016 5:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Leisvan Cordero,

If your app accesses, collects or transmits personal information, or if otherwise required by law, you could maintain a privacy policy. In dashboard, you could choose one app and click Submission, you will see some like the screenshot.  Then you click Store listing-English(United States), in the bottom of page you could see Privacy Policy. More detail you can refer to this document.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 30, 2016 1:12 AM
  • Hi Cherry, thanks for your answer, but that´s not what i´m asking. I need somewhere online to host my Privacy Policy Document.

Best Regards.

Saturday, October 1, 2016 6:03 AM
  • I've been looking around myself lately at different privacy policies and noticed that these guys will host your privacy policy (I can't say anything about if they are good or not, I'm just passing along what I saw).

http://myapppolicy.com/

If you have a MSDN account I noticed that some folks created an azure web site just to host their privacy policy (you know who you are :) )

Blake

Monday, October 3, 2016 6:01 AM
  • Hi Blake, thanks for your answer.

I specified in my question that MyAppPolicy is very limited and doesn´t work for me. I don´t have an MSDN subscription or Azure account. At this point I already decided to host the document in Docs.com.

Best regards

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 6:16 AM