How to change CSS of HtmlEditorExtender RRS feed

• Question

• User-1506996564 posted

Hello

how could I change the CSS of HtmlEditorExtender?

it do not support CSS Classes

Regards

Monday, August 22, 2011 10:26 AM

All replies

• User78336405 posted

Hi,

You can change the look and feel of HTMLEditor using the HTMLEditor CssClass property. HTMLEditor has a predefined set of CSS classes that can be overridden. It has a default style which is embedded as a WebResource and is a part of the Toolkit assembly that has styles set for all the sub-classes. You can find the default styles in the Toolkit solution in the "AjaxControlToolkit\HTMLEditor\Editor.css" file. If your CssClass does not provide values for any of those then it falls back to the default value. In the example above the default style is used. To customize the same the user would have to set the CssClass property to the name of the CSS style and define the styles for the individual classes so that the various elements in a HTMLEditor control can be styled accordingly. For example if the CssClass property was set to "CustomEditorStyle" this is how the css to style the HTMLEditor top toolbar would look:

.CustomEditorStyle .ajax__htmleditor_editor_toptoolbar {
            background-color:#F0F0F0; padding: 0px 0px 2px 2px;
    }
    Friday, August 26, 2011 6:01 AM
  • User-1506996564 posted

You can change the look and feel of HTMLEditor using the HTMLEditor CssClass property

Hello

I ask about the New HtmlEditorExtender , there is no CssClass properity , no style properity

any Idea?

Sunday, August 28, 2011 8:48 AM
  • User-1694171682 posted

Any update or insight on this?

-Emmis

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:02 PM
  • User706013099 posted

If you download the full source of the Toolkit and look in the folder Server/AjaxControlToolkit/HtmlEditorExtender, you will find a stylesheet called HtmlEditorExtender_resource.css, which contains styles that you can override in your stylesheet. For example, I always have to add .ajax__html_editor_extender_texteditor {background-color:White; } since for some strange reason this is not set as default.

Jon

Monday, October 3, 2011 2:32 AM
  • User1377502905 posted
    i actualy found this on someone else's post, it appears to be a base css class for htmlEditorExtenders. Just put this css in your stylesheet page, calling the method is not required.
    .ajax__html_editor_extender_texteditor
    {
        background
    -color:#FFA500;
    }
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:01 AM