none
IntelliSense and editor options

Question

• I just upgraded from VC++2010 to VS2015 and I have a few problems: (I'm coding in C++)

1. Even when I type a single character in the edit, IntelliSense offers me all the available keywords.

I really don't like that. I want it to offer me the available keywords only after I mention an appropriate scope, like a class or a namespace. Example:

Is there a way to change that?

2. I don't like the editor playing with my marker position when I open brackets or string apostrophes. I also don't want the editor to enter the second bracket/apostrophe for me. Is it possible to change that too?

3. Where can I change the "class" objects highlight from bright green to non?

Thanks!

• Edited by Paprica Thursday, December 24, 2015 3:31 PM
    Thursday, December 24, 2015 3:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Paprica,

Thanks for your post.

>> when I type a single character in the edit, IntelliSense offers me all the available keywords.

As far as I know. It’s a new feature in VS2015.

And I can’t find any setting option about it.

Generally you can disable intelliSense option with following path:

Tools->Options->Text Editor->C/C++->Advanced. Set “True” in Disable IntelliSense.

Best  Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, December 25, 2015 6:31 AM
  • Hi Paprica,

For another two questions.

>>I also don't want the editor to enter the second bracket/apostrophe for me. Is it possible to change that too?

Please disable the Automatic brace completion. Tools->Options->Text Editor->C/C++, disable the “Automatic brace completion”

>>Where can I change the "class" objects highlight from bright green to non?

May be you could set it with following path,Tools->Options->Environment->Fonts and Colors. Search the C++ Class Templates in display items. Then change the color.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, December 25, 2015 6:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Paprica,

Thanks for your post.

>> when I type a single character in the edit, IntelliSense offers me all the available keywords.

As far as I know. It’s a new feature in VS2015.

And I can’t find any setting option about it.

Generally you can disable intelliSense option with following path:

Tools->Options->Text Editor->C/C++->Advanced. Set “True” in Disable IntelliSense.

Best  Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, December 25, 2015 6:31 AM
  • Hi Paprica,

For another two questions.

>>I also don't want the editor to enter the second bracket/apostrophe for me. Is it possible to change that too?

Please disable the Automatic brace completion. Tools->Options->Text Editor->C/C++, disable the “Automatic brace completion”

>>Where can I change the "class" objects highlight from bright green to non?

May be you could set it with following path,Tools->Options->Environment->Fonts and Colors. Search the C++ Class Templates in display items. Then change the color.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, December 25, 2015 6:33 AM