none
2007: Query if Timesheet has been submitted by Resource/ResourceOwner RRS feed

• Question

• Can I (sql) query somehow if the Resource Owner has already imported and submitted the Timesheets already ? I did not find a column in the database for this question yet.

Generally the workflow goes as follow:

1. Project Planning, Publishing, etc
    2. Resource creates timesheet from period and completes it.
    3. Resource submits Timesheet
    4. Timesheetmanager approves Timesheet
    5. Resource navigates to the My Task page, and imports the timesheet to update the tasks.
    6. Resource my changes remaining work for the task which have been imported and submits the task update
    7. PM gets a notification outlining that resource updates pending his approval
    8. PM can either approve or reject task update ( this can be done in Project Pro or PWA)
    9. If PM ignores the notification and opens a proejct where updates are pending, then PM gets a notification when opening Project Professional
    10. Now the PM can approve the task and the task is updated.

In other words..

I amasking for a SQL query with which I can figure out if step 5 and step 6 of the list

• Resource navigates to the My Task page, and imports the timesheet to update the tasks.
    • Resource my changes remaining work for the task which have been imported and submits the task update
      are already completed.

The timesheet status does not give insight into this.

This URL (http://www.ureader.com/msg/11174073.aspx)  gives some information regarding this query, but has anyone a working query for this type of question ?

Regards

Sven

Sunday, August 22, 2010 12:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Sven,

The key part of your question appears to relate to the importing of the timesheet in My Tasks, and unfortunately this isn't something that gets flagged that you could then query.  You could certainly infer that a timesheet had been imported by checking if the time matched for that period between My Tasks and the Timesheet - but any difference might mean it had not been imported, or it had been imported and then some further change was made.  I think you are trying to understand the latter.

The URL you link to above says more or less the same thing.  I do appreciate that some of the data you are interested in does only exist in the Published database but do please take care when querying anything other than the Reporting database.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Monday, August 23, 2010 8:22 PM
    Owner