orderedtest can run in debug mode not in release mode RRS feed

• Question

• I use ordered test to control some cuit test in my test project.

However, it works fine in debug mode, when I change configuration to release mode

the orderedtest will can not work;

it will showDuplicate Detected Loading SomTest from test.dll

"In attempting to load SomeTest from test\bin\test.dll, it was determined that a test with the same id named SomeTest in test\bin\debug\test.dll already exists in the catalog."

Saturday, December 22, 2012 2:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Tonnie,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

I try to check it with a simple coded UI test, and then add it to an ordered test, I change the project configuration to release mode in the Configuration Manager. And Clean and Rebuild the project, I could get the issue as yours like the following result.

As my understanding, if we change the debug mode to Release mode, you could open the bin folder in your project, you would get two same .dll files in the Debug folder and Release mode, when we run the test in the default set, it would try to load the .dll in the debug folder to find the test method, if we change to the Release mode, it could not to load the .dll file in the Release folder. Actually you would get more information if your open your ordered test with “XML(Text) Edotor”.

So you could delete the debug folder in your project, and open your ordered test with “XML(Text) Edotor”. And change storage="bin\Release\XXX.dll", and then clean and rebuild your app, run your test, if would work normally.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Tonnie Huang Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:43 AM
    Monday, December 24, 2012 7:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Tonnie,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

I try to check it with a simple coded UI test, and then add it to an ordered test, I change the project configuration to release mode in the Configuration Manager. And Clean and Rebuild the project, I could get the issue as yours like the following result.

As my understanding, if we change the debug mode to Release mode, you could open the bin folder in your project, you would get two same .dll files in the Debug folder and Release mode, when we run the test in the default set, it would try to load the .dll in the debug folder to find the test method, if we change to the Release mode, it could not to load the .dll file in the Release folder. Actually you would get more information if your open your ordered test with “XML(Text) Edotor”.

So you could delete the debug folder in your project, and open your ordered test with “XML(Text) Edotor”. And change storage="bin\Release\XXX.dll", and then clean and rebuild your app, run your test, if would work normally.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Tonnie Huang Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:43 AM
    Monday, December 24, 2012 7:27 AM
  • Jack,

Are you agreeing that there is a problem with ordered coded ui test debug and release mode and that the solution you propose is a "work around"?

Please advise.

Thanks

Dave (aka mr platypus)

Thursday, April 23, 2015 1:16 PM