microsoft small basic RRS feed

• Question

• hello i just recently downloaded microsoft small basic and started learning how to use the program,i have one problem it does not allow to type the sample as it is on the site,but i can copy an paste, so why is it allowing me to paste but not type a full program on my own?
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 5:03 PM

Answers

• 19slim69,

Welcome to SmallBasic, can you explain your problem more or post some screenshots of what your are experiencing, you should be able to type anything into the window where you would copy and paste your code.

Also please state what operating system you are using.

I hope someone is able to help you out.

Kirk.

• Marked as answer by 19slim69 Wednesday, December 7, 2011 10:21 PM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 6:36 PM
  • here is how it works i can enter the first one--- Turtle.Show(),but when i try to shift down to type this
    Turtle.Move(100)
    Turtle.TurnRight()
    Turtle.Move(100)
    Turtle.TurnRight()
    Turtle.Move(100)
    Turtle.TurnRight()
    Turtle.Move(100)
    Turtle.TurnRight()
       it will not allow me to that why?my system is windows 7,sorry your site is not allowing me to post the pics so i just did copy an paste,however i can copy an past on microsoft small basic,but i would just like to know why i can not type the program if there is more that two words?

19slim69
    • Marked as answer by 19slim69 Wednesday, December 7, 2011 10:22 PM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 8:02 PM
  • Possibly this is the issue:

The interface is unlike notepad or another editor in that lines below the current don't exist until they are created.  So type:

Turtle.Show()

Then press Return to create a new line.

You can then type the next line.

You can press Return several times to create some lines - note the line numbers appear in the left panel indicating these lines exist - you can then click to enter data on any of the created lines.

You can also past some lines created in for example notepad or copied from a forum post, as you pointed out in first post.  In this case the lines for the code are created as it is pasted.

Perhaps this isn't the issue?

• Edited by litdev Tuesday, December 6, 2011 8:08 PM
    • Proposed as answer by litdev Wednesday, December 7, 2011 7:33 PM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 8:07 PM
  • thank you for your reply it was a great help to finally understand why i could not start a new line below the first your reply help me alot thank you
    19slim69
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 8:32 PM

All replies

• 19slim69,

Welcome to SmallBasic, can you explain your problem more or post some screenshots of what your are experiencing, you should be able to type anything into the window where you would copy and paste your code.

Also please state what operating system you are using.

I hope someone is able to help you out.

Kirk.

• Marked as answer by 19slim69 Wednesday, December 7, 2011 10:21 PM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 6:36 PM
  • here is how it works i can enter the first one--- Turtle.Show(),but when i try to shift down to type this
    Turtle.Move(100)
    Turtle.TurnRight()
    Turtle.Move(100)
    Turtle.TurnRight()
    Turtle.Move(100)
    Turtle.TurnRight()
    Turtle.Move(100)
    Turtle.TurnRight()
       it will not allow me to that why?my system is windows 7,sorry your site is not allowing me to post the pics so i just did copy an paste,however i can copy an past on microsoft small basic,but i would just like to know why i can not type the program if there is more that two words?

19slim69
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 8:02 PM
  • Possibly this is the issue:

The interface is unlike notepad or another editor in that lines below the current don't exist until they are created.  So type:

Turtle.Show()

Then press Return to create a new line.

You can then type the next line.

You can press Return several times to create some lines - note the line numbers appear in the left panel indicating these lines exist - you can then click to enter data on any of the created lines.

You can also past some lines created in for example notepad or copied from a forum post, as you pointed out in first post.  In this case the lines for the code are created as it is pasted.

Perhaps this isn't the issue?

• Edited by litdev Tuesday, December 6, 2011 8:08 PM
    • Proposed as answer by litdev Wednesday, December 7, 2011 7:33 PM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 8:07 PM
  • thank you for your reply it was a great help to finally understand why i could not start a new line below the first your reply help me alot thank you
    19slim69
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 8:32 PM