Error MSB4126 about BPC not HPD on Blend 4 RTM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I’m facing difficulties to use blend 4, my hall company are using HP Elite 8100 desktop, windows 7 64bit, using Expression Studio 4 and Visual Studio 2010.

On a simple helloword test project, with a one button only application, it can’t compile correctly.

The other posts that have the “delete Platform parameter” I did try and it doesn’t work, but the project works on visual studio 2010(I mean it works and can be editable), but on blend 4 doesn’t work, and show this message:

Build project: WindowsPhoneApplication1.sln, Targets: Build

Project "C:\Users\megan\Documents\Expression\Blend 4\Projects\WindowsPhoneApplication1\WindowsPhoneApplication1.sln" (Build target(s)):

C:\Users\megan\Documents\Expression\Blend 4\Projects\WindowsPhoneApplication1\WindowsPhoneApplication1.sln.metaproj : error MSB4126: The specified solution configuration "Debug|BPC" is invalid. Please specify a valid solution configuration using the Configuration and Platform properties (e.g. MSBuild.exe Solution.sln /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform="Any CPU") or leave those properties blank to use the default solution configuration.

Done building project "WindowsPhoneApplication1.sln" -- FAILED.

Build failed.

Franklin
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 3:07 AM

All replies

• This is another instance of the same root cause, your machine has an environment variable set with the name "PLATFORM" which conflicts with the MSBUILD system. Visual Studio clears this environment variable for its own environment, which is why it works for VS but not for Blend. You can verify this by opening a command prompt and running the command "set", you will get a list of environment variables and you will likely find one that says "PLATFORM = BPC".

Did you restart Blend after using the registry fix you found?

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:21 PM