Cannot start VS2015 Update 3 installer RRS feed

• Question

• Running into a problem. Windows 10 x64, VS2015 Update 2 installed.

Tried running both the web installer and ISO installer for Update 3 and all that happens is an extraction progress dialog and then nothing. I don't see any related tasks in taskmgr either that indicate something is happening. Tried restarting, no luck.

Kamran A

Saturday, July 2, 2016 3:47 PM

Answers

• Hi subkamran,

Have you tried to update your Visual Studio on this way:

Programs and Features -> Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015 -> Select it and then Change -> wait couple of seconds -> Modify -> And in the dialog first item that you will see it is Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 select it and select other items that you want to update -> Update

Hope this was helpful for you...

Best regards!

(If this was helpful for you, vote for it and propose it as an answer)

• Marked as answer by subkamran Sunday, July 3, 2016 3:29 PM
    Saturday, July 2, 2016 6:10 PM

All replies

• Hi subkamran,

Have you tried to update your Visual Studio on this way:

Programs and Features -> Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015 -> Select it and then Change -> wait couple of seconds -> Modify -> And in the dialog first item that you will see it is Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 select it and select other items that you want to update -> Update

Hope this was helpful for you...

Best regards!

(If this was helpful for you, vote for it and propose it as an answer)

• Marked as answer by subkamran Sunday, July 3, 2016 3:29 PM
    Saturday, July 2, 2016 6:10 PM
  • I'm having the same issue.  I don't show Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015 in Programs and Features.

I show Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2015 but the Change never went to Modify ...

Saturday, July 2, 2016 8:59 PM
  • Hi,

There is a similar question to yours, it may help you. 

Please follow Sara's instructions in her reply. It might help. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/silverlight/en-US/2ad43b0d-be46-414d-94b2-aa4a06f7655c/cannot-install-visual-studio-2015-update-3?forum=vssetup

You can try running the installer as an administrator and clean the windows temp folder.

Thanks, Mahmoud

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Monday, July 4, 2016 3:03 AM
    Saturday, July 2, 2016 9:13 PM
  • I was able to install it using the regular Community 2015 with Update 3 installer, for whatever reason that seemed to work better.

Kamran A

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Monday, July 4, 2016 3:02 AM
    Sunday, July 3, 2016 3:29 PM
  • Hi subkamran,

Glad to hear you have had your issue resolved. And thanks for sharing us your result here.

Have a nice day:)

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 4, 2016 3:04 AM