none
Window Search Languages RRS feed

• Question

• I´m developing a c# app that search some text in the files in the local directory (using Windows 10), but the information return from system.index is in different language that explorer: for example my computer is in spanish (c:\usuario\documentos) but the response is in english (c:\user\mydocuments)

When I tried to open or move the file, I got an exception because the file path is not found. My question is:  I need to change the language on Windows 10? install something?

Thursday, January 11, 2018 10:31 PM

All replies

• First question is, what language should this be, English or Spanish?

This is not a C# question but more so of a computer setup question if you are receiving results not in Spanish if you want Spanish results. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Thursday, January 11, 2018 10:45 PM
  • Hi, Windows 10 (version 1703)  regional settings is in Spanish, but If I list the directory using a command window the directory names are in English (example C:\Users\XXXXX>) when I expect C:\usuarios (spanish)

Thanks

Friday, January 12, 2018 12:20 PM
  • Windows 10 (version 1703)  regional settings is in Spanish, but If I list the directory using a command window the directory names are in English (example C:\Users\XXXXX>) when I expect C:\usuarios (spanish)

Friday, January 12, 2018 6:50 PM
  • Hello Luis,

How did you get the filepath in using C#? I can't assume that the meaning of "system.index". The file path in the file explore is displayed as Spanish or English? please give me more detailed information about your issues.

Best regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 11:16 AM