none
How to find out which points in the faceFrame.GetProjected3DShape() represent what features of the face? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am extracting face points from faceframe using faceFrame.GetProjected3DShape(). I get 121 points. Is there a way to find out that which of these 121 points represent the eye area for instance? One way is to draw each point and find it out visually. I was just wondering if they are stored in the array with some specific order with respect to the face features.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:35 PM

Answers

• If you look in Microsoft.Kinect.Toolkit.FaceTracking in the Utils.cs source file, you'll find an enum there called FeaturePoint.  This enum provides symbolic names for 71 of the 121 returned points.  The values of these enums can be used as indexes into the array of points returned by GetProjected3DShape or Get3DShape.  Unforuntately, I have not been able to find symbolic definitions for the other 50 points yet (see this thread for more details).  At least the set of 71 symbols in FeaturePoint gets us started.  Hope this helps.
    • Proposed as answer by kengr Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by hexapod Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:51 PM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:32 PM

All replies

• If you look in Microsoft.Kinect.Toolkit.FaceTracking in the Utils.cs source file, you'll find an enum there called FeaturePoint.  This enum provides symbolic names for 71 of the 121 returned points.  The values of these enums can be used as indexes into the array of points returned by GetProjected3DShape or Get3DShape.  Unforuntately, I have not been able to find symbolic definitions for the other 50 points yet (see this thread for more details).  At least the set of 71 symbols in FeaturePoint gets us started.  Hope this helps.
    • Proposed as answer by kengr Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by hexapod Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:51 PM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:32 PM
  • Hey can you share the source code or code fragment of where did you ente the faceFrame.GetProjected3DShape() to get 121 point
    Monday, June 15, 2015 4:32 PM