Need help with publising .NET Core Solution to Azure portal. RRS feed

• Question

• User-501297529 posted

I'm very new to Azure and need help when publishing my .NET Core Solution to an Azure portal site. When I publish from Visual Studio it publishes successfully but when I go to my Azure portal site I see the Getting started home page and stuff about learning ASP.Net and Web Hosting. I don't see my Index view page. When I want to go to my Index view I get a 

404 - File or directory not found.

What do I need to do to see the images, css and View pages that I created on my portal site? 

Friday, February 21, 2020 5:20 AM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi bootzilla,

Could you please post which asp.net core application you have published to the azure portal site? MVC, angular or react?

Which azure service you have used? Azure web app or Azure VM?

How you publish the web application to the azure? Directly used the VS publish profile or else?

Best Regards,

Brando

Monday, February 24, 2020 10:12 AM
  • User-501297529 posted

It is azure web app.

Here is the application:

http://dailyprocessnew.azurewebsites.net/

It is MVC. I should get my index page as the home page but instead I get that generic page. 

I publish the page thru VS2019. I go to the Build Menu and set up everything and then click the Publish button.

Monday, February 24, 2020 1:40 PM
  • User283571144 posted

Hi bootzilla,

If you are using azure web app, I suggest you could try to check the configuration's setting to make sure you have modify to the core runtime not asp.net 4.7.

Best Regards,

Brando

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 3:22 AM
  • User-501297529 posted

Hi bootzilla,

If you are using azure web app, I suggest you could try to check the configuration's setting to make sure you have modify to the core runtime not asp.net 4.7.

Best Regards,

Brando

Where are the config setting? Visual Studio? Azure? Where do I go to check these settings.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 9:07 PM
  • User283571144 posted

Hi bootzilla,

You need to login in the azure portal firstly and then find you created azure web app with the name.

Then you could find the configuration icon in that azure web app.

The azure portal url is: protal.azure.com

More details, I suggest you could refer to below article.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/app-service/web/   

Best Regards,

Brando

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 2:36 AM
  • User-501297529 posted

I

Brando ZWZ

Hi bootzilla,

You need to login in the azure portal firstly and then find you created azure web app with the name.

Then you could find the configuration icon in that azure web app.

The azure portal url is: protal.azure.com

More details, I suggest you could refer to below article.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/app-service/web/   

Best Regards,

Brando

I still can't get this to work. I still see the out of the box page that is no where in my solution when I publish.

Monday, March 2, 2020 2:55 PM