none
Trigger event when slide content changed in powerpoint RRS feed

• Question

• I have a presentation now if i change the content of the slides in the presentation, using my code i need to find the slides in which content have been changed. I need a event which should be triggered when i edit a slide and should give me the slideNumber.

I don't want the content which of the file just need the slideNumbers for which the edit has been made.

Suppose i have 5 slides in presentation with different content. Now i open this presentation and edit slide 2 add few more content to it, now a event should be fired saying slide 2 is being edited. There is SlideSelectionChanged event which is triggered if i change slide, not when i edit it. I have tried all the possible event events given in msdn reference for Powerpoint  but unable to do so. Please help

mehulviby

Monday, October 6, 2014 12:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Mehulviby,

Based on the description, you want to subscribe the event which fires when the content of slide changed.

As far as I know, there is no such event in PowerPoint. You can get more detai about events from link below:
    Application Events (PowerPoint)

I suggest that you submit the feedback from link below if you want PowerPoint support this event:
    Submit feedback

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 7:47 AM
  • Hello,

It looks like you are interested in the AfterShapeSizeChange event which is fired after an object (shape, picture, text box, chart, SmartArt as examples) has been resized on the slide.

The PowerPoint object model doesn't provide any other events exactly for this.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Mehulviby,

Based on the description, you want to subscribe the event which fires when the content of slide changed.

As far as I know, there is no such event in PowerPoint. You can get more detai about events from link below:
    Application Events (PowerPoint)

I suggest that you submit the feedback from link below if you want PowerPoint support this event:
    Submit feedback

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 7:47 AM
  • Hello,

It looks like you are interested in the AfterShapeSizeChange event which is fired after an object (shape, picture, text box, chart, SmartArt as examples) has been resized on the slide.

The PowerPoint object model doesn't provide any other events exactly for this.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:03 AM