none
How to start executing a fórmula in a tab after the processing of other formula finishes in another tab? RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a vey heavy DataBase in a workbook. I must extend down a couple formulas that are in different tabs. As it will take several hours to process, I would like to extend down the formulas from the different tabs at the same time. Is there any way to do that? Or maybe should I use a macro to start one right away when the other finishes? 

Thanks in advance

Jorge Barbi Martins (jorge.barbi@hotmail.com)

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 2:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Jorge,

Based on the description, you want to calueate the forumlas worksheet by worksheet.

As far as I know, we can calculate selected worksheets by using SHIFT+F9. This resolves only the intra-sheet dependencies for the calculated sheets. And we can user Worksheet.Calculate method to calculate a specific worksheet. Also here is an example that calculates the formulas in columns A, B, and C in the used range on Sheet1:

Worksheets("Sheet1").UsedRange.Columns("A:C").Calculate

You can get more detail about improving calculation performance from article below:
    Excel 2010 Performance: Improving Calculation Performance

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Jorge,

Based on the description, you want to calueate the forumlas worksheet by worksheet.

As far as I know, we can calculate selected worksheets by using SHIFT+F9. This resolves only the intra-sheet dependencies for the calculated sheets. And we can user Worksheet.Calculate method to calculate a specific worksheet. Also here is an example that calculates the formulas in columns A, B, and C in the used range on Sheet1:

Worksheets("Sheet1").UsedRange.Columns("A:C").Calculate

You can get more detail about improving calculation performance from article below:
    Excel 2010 Performance: Improving Calculation Performance

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:36 AM
  • Fei, your method does work nice. I actually figured it out simply by crating a sub that extends down the formulas of the proper ranges. Anyways, thank you Fei.

Jorge Barbi Martins (jorge.barbi@hotmail.com)

Thursday, March 26, 2015 4:07 PM