none
WSHttpBinding On Windows UAP App RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I thought at Build or somewhere I heard that there was a way to now to WCF Services on UAP apps with the WSHttpBinding.

I searched but couldn't find anything, does anyone know if we could use WSHttp-* on UAP Apps? 

Thanks.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 3:53 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I have done a simple test in my side by using the Visual Studio 2015 update 2, but it does not work. Besides, as far as I known, currently we still can not use the WCF services on UAP/UWP with the WSHttpBinding.
    For more information, please try to refer to the following article:
    #System.ServiceModel namespaces for UWP apps:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt185502.aspx .

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Ryan_Ha Thursday, April 28, 2016 2:26 AM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 8:39 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I have done a simple test in my side by using the Visual Studio 2015 update 2, but it does not work. Besides, as far as I known, currently we still can not use the WCF services on UAP/UWP with the WSHttpBinding.
    For more information, please try to refer to the following article:
    #System.ServiceModel namespaces for UWP apps:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt185502.aspx .

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Ryan_Ha Thursday, April 28, 2016 2:26 AM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 8:39 AM
  • Thanks Amy,

I actually just confirmed this with a WCF Architect he said currently there isn't any WSHttp support in UAP apps, and there isn't any plans currently in the works to get this completed due to the amount of work on underling architecture for the .NET Core.

Thanks

Thursday, April 28, 2016 2:26 AM