none
VS 2005 Report Viewer WinForms KeepTogether for Table RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using VS 2005 Report Viewer WinForms control (ver. 8.0.50727.42)
    Trying to create a student attendance report by grouping student name as header and daily attendance records as detail.
    I do the following steps:
    1. Add a table and add a group Student Name field
    2. Put StudentName field in group header section
    3. Put AttendanceDate, In time, Out time fields in Detail section
    4. Set Keeptogether of table properties to true
    5. Run project and view report, some Detail tables are split on page break.
    6. setting Keeptogether to true/false, both result the same splitting detail tables on page break.

7. So I tried to remove detail section of table and add a new table nested into table group header to display daily attendance record
    8. Run project and view report, Detail table (child table) is keep together now and not split.
    9  Even Keeptogether property of both main table and child table set to False, it is automatically keep together and child table not split at all.
    10. But when I try to put some text in Table Header (to display as Report header), the first page go blank and the second page only display Table Header and actual data start from third page.

Could anyone help me to explain how KeepTogether property actually work for Table control?

zawmn83
    Friday, July 23, 2010 5:14 AM

All replies

• Hi...zawmn83

Just propely format your rdlc file and remove the padding property of all controls.  dont leave blank or unuse space in rdlc and keep your table from top of the rdlc file.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:56 AM