Windows Store app 8.1 - Layout cycle detected. Layout could not complete. RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone know a good way to get around the "Layout cycle detected. Layout could not complete."(Found this after my app crashes and leads to App.g.i.cs Page and pointing at some debugger code which I havent touched)

I Googled and found lots of responses to silver-light projects and its because they had more than 250 textblocks(Which make it think its in a infinite loop). 
    The number of textblocks should be about 630 (Each ListItem has 5 and theres about 126 listItems), This excludes other title and info blocks I have. 

Should I be making separate list for every X amount? 
    or
    Change my Template to something else?
    Or 
    Something Else?
    All ideas are welcome. Thanks
    Monday, January 20, 2014 2:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Layout cycle errors occur generally when Layout of a control is updated in an infinite loop.

You Listview control contains so many items in it. I recommend you can use virtualization in your control. And implement incremental loading in Listview.

Also, you can refer to the similar thread to get more information:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/75ad0911-9b75-4486-928f-53f90c268782/layout-cycle-detected-layout-could-not-complete?forum=w81prevwCsharp

Hope this can help you!

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by blackasninja Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:03 AM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Layout cycle errors occur generally when Layout of a control is updated in an infinite loop.

You Listview control contains so many items in it. I recommend you can use virtualization in your control. And implement incremental loading in Listview.

Also, you can refer to the similar thread to get more information:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/75ad0911-9b75-4486-928f-53f90c268782/layout-cycle-detected-layout-could-not-complete?forum=w81prevwCsharp

Hope this can help you!

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by blackasninja Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:03 AM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:57 AM
  • Thanks for that 
    These links are very helpful and Ill try them out later on
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:04 AM