none
EditForm.aspx with attachment -> edit Attachment online, click “Save” --> “Save Conflict error” RRS feed

• Question

• If You have item with attachment, then open attachment in new tab and edit it - Your Edit form will not be saved:

Save Conflict. Your changes conflict with those made concurrently by another user.

If you want your changes to be applied, click Back in your Web browser, refresh the page, and resubmit your changes.

I created my own button that uploads attachments and then refreshes page, but You can reproduce this behaviour in out-out-the-box lists too

Here guys changed "Unprotected" setting but I don't see it. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dd1a1437-769c-4fc3-9346-4cdcbbb3289c/save-conflict-when-editing-or-uploading-attachments-to-list-item?forum=sharepointgeneralprevious

Also I have idea to turn On "Unsafe Updates", not sure I can do it in SpOnline2013..

Any ideas how to avoid it?

upd.: can I reload attachments on PreSave or something similar?.. I use JSOM, REST

upd2.: tried to update item in PreSaveAction, but get same error (tha't Ok, I really made a save conflict). But how to allow to change attachments from Edit form..

function PreSaveAction() {

// Get current item and list ID

JSRequest.EnsureSetup();

var itemId = JSRequest.QueryString["ID"];

var listId = _spPageContextInfo.pageListId;

// Update current itemvar context = SP.ClientContext.get_current();

var web = context.get_web();

var list = context.get_web().get_lists().getById(listId);

var item = list.getItemById(itemId);item.update();

context.executeQueryAsync(function() {

console.log("Item updated successfully");

}, function() {console.log("Error updating item");});

// delay here

// ..

return true;}

• Edited by Rockie_ Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:58 PM
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 10:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This is by design, if you edit the attachment in a new browser tab, please go back the edit page and you need refresh this page(F5), then save it.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Rockie_ Saturday, March 25, 2017 10:16 AM
    Friday, March 24, 2017 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is by design, if you edit the attachment in a new browser tab, please go back the edit page and you need refresh this page(F5), then save it.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Rockie_ Saturday, March 25, 2017 10:16 AM
    Friday, March 24, 2017 2:10 AM
  • Bad design, imho :)

Independent SharePoint Developer, freelancer http://blog.sharepoint-develop.com/

Friday, March 31, 2017 9:55 AM