none
KB3210089 - Fails

Question

• I'm trying to install KB3210089 on SQL 2016 Standard, but it fails with the error "The given path's format is not supported." The reason seems to be the fact that I have my databases stored directly in Azure blob storage. Did someone forget about that feature when making the update?

Hallis

Saturday, March 4, 2017 5:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Hallis,

I test the scenario as yours, in my environment, I also have databases stored directly in Azure blob storage, but when I install KB3210089  on SQL Server 2016, everything works well.

As you fail to install the KB3210089 update, please help to post the complete summary and detail logs which locate under  %Program Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Setup Bootstrap\Log for us to analyze, you can upload  the summart.txt and details.txt files on OneDrive.

Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 6, 2017 4:21 AM
  • Hi

Can I somehow send you a private message with the link to the log files?

Hallis

Monday, March 6, 2017 7:56 AM
  • Hi Hallis,

Please help to post the link of log files in this forum.

Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 8:27 AM
  • OK. Here are the logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al0FoIyJNkNqp-MeiscIbwcE4g_3tA

Hallis

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 8:32 AM
  • Did you find a solution?

I'm having the same problem on a SQL server using azure blob storage

-Palle

Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:26 AM
  • Unfortunately, I never got an answer from Microsoft on the issue. This is still a bug as far as I know. I just gave up trying to install it.

Hallis

Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:31 AM