none
Issue with WindowBeforeRightClick and WindowBeforeDoubleClick not firing in Powerpoint 2013. RRS feed

• Question

• I have been an investigating an issue with our COM Office addin receiving events from Powerpoint 2013.

The addin is written in C++ and embeds an activex control and needs to be able to respond to the WindowBeforeRightClick and WindowBeforeDoubleClick events when mouse cursor is over the ActiveX control.

The WindowBeforeRightClick does not fire successfully inside Powerpoint 2013 when right click occurs over any object inserted in the slide(our embeded activex, text box, picture etc). However, the WindowBeforeRightClick does fire sometimes. E.g. if you right click on the background of the slide or right click on a slide in the slide sorter view.

The WindowBeforeDoubleClick event does not seem to fire at all.

Both events appear to fire fine in Word 2013 and earlier versions of both Word and Powerpoint. The code that we have to register to receive these events is called successfully for both events but the event just doesn't appear to fire correctly specifically in Powerpoint 2013.

Is there a known issue around this. If not is there a way to figure out what is happening with the event on the Office end?

EDIT: I did some tests trying to capture the same events inside Powerpoint using Visual Basic and the events seem to exhibit the same behaviour... i.e. no double click event and no right click over any object... just the slide background.

• Edited by NZDariusM Tuesday, July 28, 2015 4:54 AM
    Monday, July 27, 2015 5:06 AM

Answers

• Hi NZDariusM,

I made a test with WindowBeforeRightClick and WindowBeforeDoubleClick, and it behavior as your description, WindowBeforeRightClick will occurred when right click slide background, and the WindowBeforeDoubleClick will not occur in the Normal View. I test them under Slider sorter view, and both of them work. I will consult Microsoft’s engineers for it, and it might be some time delay, appreciated for your patience.

The recommend workaround is to use the WindowSelectionChange event. The link below might be useful to you:
    # WindowBeforeDoubleClick don't work in PowerPoint
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/cf55600c-f323-4402-be8f-1445973017b6/windowbeforedoubleclick-dont-work-in-powerpoint?forum=officegeneral

If the workaround will not work for you, and it is an urgent issue, I will suggest you contacting the Microsoft professional support so that our engineers can work closely with you to troubleshoot this issue.

If the support engineer determines that the issue is the result of a bug the service request will be a no-charge case and you won't be charged. Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 8:00 AM