Removing Filtering inside a Custom Folder RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a custom folder content type with metadata. There are going to be around 300 folders in this document library. The folders  are easily filtered using the metadata, using the top drop down columns. However, If I click on one of the folders, the items in that folder are not shown because they don't have the same metadata on them (I have too many documents to require adding metadata for each doc).

I'm just thinking that there are going to be a lot of end users that are confused that they don't see all the documents in their folder. Do you have any other suggestions other than manually removing the filter each time you click on the custom folder?  Is there a way to automatically remove the filter after you click inside a folder? Or only have the filter in the Top drop down columns apply to my custome Folder Type?

Thanks

• Moved by Wayne Fan Wednesday, January 25, 2012 3:22 AM It's SharePoint 2010 issue, thanks. (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Monday, January 23, 2012 7:33 PM

Answers

All replies