What is the best antivirus (and preferably free) right now? RRS feed

• Question

• I has tried some title of Antivirus product, some of them is freeware also. When I tried the Antiviruses, I found out that it's not always freeware Antivirus is a bad product, and vice versa. Right now, the Antivirus I currently using is Avast! Antivirus home edition. Just want to get opinion about what Antivirus is the best right now to fight those pesky virus out there? I have read many sites that doing Antivirus "benchmarking", but I found a very different result in each sites (different sites = very different results). So I can't get any conclusion from those websites. Can you share your experience from using Antivirus?
    Monday, November 21, 2011 3:14 PM

All replies

• duplicate of http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowssecurity/thread/f9e68f5f-38b7-42b8-98d0-a976e66393f7

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, November 21, 2011 9:53 PM
  • i'm using Microsoft security essentials its good anti virus and it won't slows down your system. GO for it dude, by the way you must be genuine user of windows for you to be able to use it.
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:50 PM