Error Configuring Web Service Identity Page RRS feed

• Question

• I am configuring SSRS 2005 on windows server 2008 r2 and is getting an error on the web service identity page. Basically the configuration tool can't configure the service. Also I noticed that the ASP .Net account doesn't exist on the local machine. I tried re-registering ASP .Net but I am getting the error below.

c:\windows\Microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis -i

"ASP .Net setup custom actions has stopped working"

Any help is appreciated....

Thanks,

[i]Francis[/i], [i]MCTS: BI 2008, MCITP: BI 2008[/i] [i][b]Stay Thirsty My Friends[/b][/i]
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 12:10 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The built-in ASPNET user account is for running the ASP.NET worker process in IIS 5.0 isolation mode.  In the higher version, we use network services. To change SSRS 2005 Web Services Identity, follow these steps:

1. Open the IIS manager.
    2. Expand the Application pool and locate the report serve/reports pool.
    3. Click their Basic settings and locate the Identity to change its account you want to use

Also, you need to follow the links provided in previous replies to install ssrs 2005 on windows 2008 platform.

thanks,
    Jerry

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 6:24 AM

All replies

• Do you have RS 2005 SP3 installed? That's a good place to start. Also, have you followed the instructions in the following KB?

How to install and how to configure SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938245

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:14 AM
  • Hi,

Please go through the info at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938245/en-us (installing 2005 reporting services on windows server 2008) and check whether you meet all the prerequisites and followed the steps outlined there.

Regards

BH

Please click "Mark as Answer" if this resolves your problem or "Vote as Helpful" if you find it helpful. BH
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:18 AM
  • Hi,

The built-in ASPNET user account is for running the ASP.NET worker process in IIS 5.0 isolation mode.  In the higher version, we use network services. To change SSRS 2005 Web Services Identity, follow these steps:

1. Open the IIS manager.
    3. Click their Basic settings and locate the Identity to change its account you want to use

Also, you need to follow the links provided in previous replies to install ssrs 2005 on windows 2008 platform.

thanks,
    Jerry

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 6:24 AM
  • Hi,

1. Open the IIS manager.

thanks,
    Jerry

Thanks for all your help. My issue is resolved!! The articles helped and Jerry is on point.
    Francis, MCTS: BI 2008, MCITP: BI 2008 Stay Thirsty My Friends
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 6:03 PM