none
EF Concurrency Bug fixed in EF 5.0 RRS feed

Answers

• I can confirm the fix is included in the EF core bits that are included in .NET 4.5 (i.e. System.Data.Entity.dll). If you cannot upgrade from .NET 4.0 to .NET 4.5 then you will have to follow the instructions to obtain the hotfix, but if you upgrade to .NET 4.5 you will get the fix automatically as well as many other improvements for EF.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by mcgu Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:33 AM
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 7:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have asked some people on the EF team who should know the answer to this, so hopefully I will be able to get back to you soon.

One thing that I can say, is that it is possible (maybe even likely) that the bug will only be fixed if you are running on .NET 4.5. But I don't know for sure yet.

We are seeing a lot of great Entity Framework questions (and answers) from the community on Stack Overflow. As a result, our team is going to spend more time reading and answering questions posted on Stack Overflow. We would encourage you to post questions on Stack Overflow using the entity-framework tag. We will also continue to monitor the Entity Framework forum.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 7:40 PM
  • I can confirm the fix is included in the EF core bits that are included in .NET 4.5 (i.e. System.Data.Entity.dll). If you cannot upgrade from .NET 4.0 to .NET 4.5 then you will have to follow the instructions to obtain the hotfix, but if you upgrade to .NET 4.5 you will get the fix automatically as well as many other improvements for EF.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by mcgu Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:33 AM
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 7:50 PM