The value of the property 'type' cannot be parsed. RRS feed

• Question

• User-294030300 posted

Hello,

This is the error that I'm getting with my custom database trace listener that I wrote to use a custom structure instead of EL's logging database:

The value of the property 'type' cannot be parsed. The error is: The type 'CustomEL.DatabaseTraceListener, Custom.EL, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' cannot be resolved. Please verify the spelling is correct or that the full type name is provided.

<add DatabaseKey="log" ProcedureName="spAddEventLog"
    Line 93:         ParameterName="Message" listenerDataType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.CustomTraceListenerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"
    Line 94:         traceOutputOptions="None" type="CustomEL.DatabaseTraceListener, Custom.EL, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"
    Line 95:         name="My Listener" initializeData="" formatter="Text Formatter" />

Why am I getting this error?  I used the EL configuration tool to set this up, so it should work...

Thanks.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 8:47 AM

All replies

• User1771319859 posted

Hi Please Refresh the DLL again and build your application.. will work for you. If it is not Working then try close the application and re open.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 2:25 PM