none
Customizing announcements colors RRS feed

• Question

• i am new in project server 2010

i add new announcement web part to PWA page and i can create new announcement successfully

but i want to change the title color

i can change the body color but i can't change the title color

i want to write the title with color read but the color is blue and i can't change it

Please give me some suggestions

Thursday, September 9, 2010 6:53 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Mahdi,

Using the Developer Tools in IE 8 (F12) you should find that the Announcements heading is using .ms.WPTitle A from core.css.  Mine has a default of #0072bc.  For red you could change this to #ff0000, but it would change all Web Part headers that used the same Cascading Style Sheet style.  Nothing too specific to Project Server 2010 with this.  You can also edit individual Project Sites with SharePoint Designer - but not the PWA site itself.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    • Marked as answer by Mahdi Hafezi Sunday, September 12, 2010 11:52 AM
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 10:32 PM
    Owner
  • I should probably add Mahdi, that most of this is customizable via themes - so best not to directly modify any CSS.  See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee424397.aspx for details of themes in 2010 and searching using your favorite Bing search engine will fidn other blogs that give details too.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    • Marked as answer by Mahdi Hafezi Sunday, September 12, 2010 11:52 AM
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 10:51 PM
    Owner
  • Another solution, which does not affect the entire PWA site and other sites using the same theme or css entries is by using a content editor web part.

On the page on which the announcement web-part is available, add a content editor webpart add the bottom of the page.
    Inside the content editor web-part, add your own custom css code. You might need to add the !important indicator to your css entries to make sure they override the default ones.

You can use the Developer Tools in IE8 to retrieve to css ID's and class names.

Keep in mind though, that other web parts on the same page might also be affected by your changes.
    In addition, only use this approach to changes colors.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Friday, September 10, 2010 3:14 PM