How can we call wcf or web service from State Machine Activity in WF4.0? RRS feed

• Question

• How can we call wcf or web service from State Machine Activity in WF4.0??
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:52 PM

Answers

• It sounds possible that it is calling WCF, and waiting for a response. But I can't tell from the posted information.

I would encourage you to test your state machine it against a WCF service of your own and attach a debugger to the service so that you can see whether requests actuall come in or not.
    Tim

• Proposed as answer by Tim Lovell-Smith Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_Zhu Friday, April 8, 2011 6:51 AM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:18 AM

All replies

• Are you just asking which activities to use?

It's the same as in a non-state machine activity. You can use Send activity and ReceiveReply activity together to call a wcf service. In this case the service contract is automatically derived from the way you configure the activities.

Tim

• Proposed as answer by Andrew_Zhu Thursday, March 24, 2011 7:45 AM
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 5:59 PM
  • Hi Tilovell,

When we call WCF from State Machine Activity then WorkFlow goes into a long wait. I am not sure  whether workflow is calling WCF or not. Please suggest.

Monday, March 21, 2011 4:33 AM
  • It sounds possible that it is calling WCF, and waiting for a response. But I can't tell from the posted information.

I would encourage you to test your state machine it against a WCF service of your own and attach a debugger to the service so that you can see whether requests actuall come in or not.
    Tim

• Proposed as answer by Tim Lovell-Smith Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_Zhu Friday, April 8, 2011 6:51 AM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:18 AM