Can't compile in x64 Platform RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, dear masters!

I'm trying to build some Team Build that is configured to compile in Release mode, x64 platform. But always I run it, it returns successfully, but generate 1 Warning and does not generate any binaries.

The warning says:

Solution: , Project: ProtocolConverter.sln, Compilation errors and warnings

D:\Build\BTS\PCAuto-TI\Sources\V02.00_V0_TI\Messaging\ProtocolConverter\ProtocolConverter.sln(0,0): warning MSB4126: The specified solution configuration "Release|x64" is invalid. Please specify a valid solution configuration using the Configuration and Platform properties (e.g. MSBuild.exe Solution.sln /p:Configuration=Debug /pStick out tonguelatform="Any CPU") or leave those properties blank to use the default solution configuration.

The TFSBuild.proj file contains the following lines for the compilation type:

<ConfigurationToBuild Include="Release|x64">
             <FlavorToBuild>Release</FlavorToBuild>
             <PlatformToBuild>x64</PlatformToBuild>
       </ConfigurationToBuild>

I've also tried to alter the first line to look like this:

<ConfigurationToBuild Include="Release|Any CPU">
       </ConfigurationToBuild>

but it caused the same warning.

Can some master help me?

TKS !!!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 2:39 PM

Answers

• Configurations and platforms must be defined within the Solution. From inside Visual Studio, right click the solution node and select "Configuration Manager". Make sure the configurations that you want to build are listed in the drop downs at the top.

Thanks,

Jason

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 3:40 PM

All replies

• Configurations and platforms must be defined within the Solution. From inside Visual Studio, right click the solution node and select "Configuration Manager". Make sure the configurations that you want to build are listed in the drop downs at the top.

Thanks,

Jason

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 3:40 PM
  • That's it !!

Thanks for the support!!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:31 PM
  • I am having the exact same problem but the Release|x64 is defined in the .sln Configuration Manager that I am trying to build and in all the .proj Configuration Manger files that I am trying to build. As soon as I add the following:

</ConfigurationToBuild>

The build finishes but does not compile any code. Here is some text from the log files.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Target "ValidateToolsVersions" in file "c:\Build\Sources\MySolution.sln":

Task "Error" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(MSBuildToolsVersion)' == '2.0' and ('$(ProjectToolsVersion)' != '2.0' and '$(ProjectToolsVersion)' != '')) was evaluated as ('3.5' == '2.0' and ('' != '2.0' and '' != '')).

Done building target "ValidateToolsVersions" in project "MySolution.sln".

Target "ValidateSolutionConfiguration" in file "c:\Build\Sources\MySolution.sln" from project "c:\Build\Sources\MySolution.sln":

Task "Error" skipped, due to false condition; (('$(CurrentSolutionConfigurationContents)' == '') and ('$(SkipInvalidConfigurations)' != 'true')) was evaluated as (('' == '') and ('true' != 'true')).

Task "Warning"

c:\Build\Sources\MySolution.sln : warning MSB4126: The specified solution configuration "Release|x64" is invalid. Please specify a valid solution configuration using the Configuration and Platform properties (e.g. MSBuild.exe Solution.sln /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform="Any CPU") or leave those properties blank to use the default solution configuration.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 12:08 AM
  • Change the lines

</ConfigurationToBuild>

to

<ConfigurationToBuild Include="Release|x64">
       </ConfigurationToBuild>

Ewald - Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:07 AM