How to insert different picture on each page of the document in the right upper corner? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The task to do is in the title.

I thought that I could create a header but it could give me the same pic on each page in the document.

Then I thought that I could create a new section with a new header but don't know if that is possible.

It seems to me that the pages in the docx document are not logically divided and I cannot insert something on the 4th page for instance(correct me if I am wrong).

How can this task me achieved?

Thanks for help.

Thursday, November 4, 2010 12:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The pagination happens through the Word application. Open XML is just a way to insert/read data. So when you say 42th page, Open XML doesnt have any method to get this. Having said that, you if you placed a contant control in the header/document, you can use Open XML to look for it and replace it with the picture.

Thanks,
    Ankush

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Ankush Microsoft Online Community Support
    • Proposed as answer by Ankush_Bhatia Thursday, November 4, 2010 1:53 PM
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 1:52 PM
  • Thanks for the answer.

I understand it now how it works. But I have one more question.

I found lastRenderedPageBreak, which seems to define the last page break position when the document was saved, however the strange  thing is that for 4 pages document, I have only 2 lastRenderedPageBreak. Why isn;t it between all breaks?

Thanks!

Thursday, November 4, 2010 8:13 PM