none
Access 2016 runtime dbf support. RRS feed

• Question

• What version of the runtime that must have had the support of DBF files?
    It is created and circulated?
    Monday, March 20, 2017 4:02 PM

All replies

• I think the last runtime version which still has support for DBF files is Access 2010.
    Monday, March 20, 2017 4:04 PM
  • Bolo by runtime prostredie, kedy už v roku 2016 Plná verzia má
    Monday, March 20, 2017 4:06 PM
  • It would be the Access runtime 2016 when the Access 2016 full version already has
    Monday, March 20, 2017 4:07 PM
  • It would be the runtime when the 2016 full version already has

I am not sure Access 2016 Runtime supports DBF files yet. You may have to wait for it...
    Monday, March 20, 2017 4:09 PM
  • Hi Klačan Ján Ing,

As per my searching result,

the last supported version for run time for .DBF file was Access 2010.

in Access 2013 Full and Run Time version .DBF file is not supported.

then in Access 2016 and Office 365 it is again supported.

Reference:

Back by popular demand—dBASE file support in Access

there is no information available in documentation for Access Run time 2016 that it is support .DBF file or not.

so if you try to use it and it's not working then try to submit your feedback to user voice.

if they get enough request then they can also try to support Access Run Time 2016 version.

Access UserVoice

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 5:59 AM
  • DBF files are now supported in MS Access 2016 version. earlier it was removed from other versions. But again it was started. For more information you may have a look on ms office "Back by popular demand- dBASE file support in Acces"

As far as I know, DBF support is only currently available with Office 365 subscriptions. I don't think it is available yet for Desktop clients or Runtime versions of Access.

Just my 2 cents...

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:52 PM