none
Problem updating Win 7 (x64) .NET 4 Framework 4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello MS Forum,

I received a Widows Update message to install the following two .NET 4 updates:

"Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for R2 for x64 (KB2600217)" and also "Security update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for R2 for x64 (KB2656351)"  The message says they are available for installation on my Windows 7 (x64) system.  

After downloading and running the updates, Win 7 says the updates were installed successfully.  When I check the installed updates option in the Win Update program they show up as installed on my PC.  However, if I close Windows and reboot the computer,  the same Win Update message returns and says that the same two updates are still available for installation.  This has happened at least ten times and I cannot get rid of the message unless I hide the updates in the Win Update program. My question is , are these updates actually installed, and can I just hide them so that I don't continue to receive the message, or is there actually a problem with these two updates and they are not really correctly installing on my PC?  How can I tell if they are correctly installed on my PC.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 6:41 PM

Answers

All replies