none
Cannot make entries into shared Calendars in Outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have full permission on shared calendar and able to make entries with Outlook2010 but having issues while using Outlook 2013.Recently upgared the outlook 2010 to 2013 and from that day onwards unable to make entries in Shared calendar.

My mailbox is on cloud and having the Exchange E3 license assigned.

I have tested on different machine which having outlook 2010 and it worked fine.

Not getting any error message.

Could you please suggest on this.

Thank You.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 11:10 AM

Answers

• >>>I have full permission on shared calendar and able to make entries with Outlook2010 but having issues while using Outlook 2013.Recently upgared the outlook 2010 to 2013 and from that day onwards unable to make entries in Shared calendar.

According to your description, please correct me if I have any misunderstandings on your question. As far as I know that after a mailbox is moved from Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 or Exchange Server 2010 to Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Server 2016, users who have Author permissions for a shared calendar of the mailbox cannot edit existing items that they created. 

To work around this issue, change the permissions of users for the shared calendar from Author to Editor. Then, those users will be able to edit calendar items.

For more information, click here to refer about Users cannot edit shared calendar items in Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Server 2016

In addition could you provide more information about your issue, for example sample codes, screenshot etc., that will help us reproduce and resolve it.

Thanks for your understanding.
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:37 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:40 AM

All replies

• Hello Sym,

What code exactly do you use for adding new entries to the shared calendar? 

Do you get any errors when doing these operations manually in Outlook 2013?

The GetSharedDefaultFolder method of the Namespace class returns a Folder object that represents the specified default folder for the specified user. This method is used in a delegation scenario, where one user has delegated access to another user for one or more of their default folders (for example, their shared Calendar folder).

Sub ResolveName() 

Dim myNamespace As Outlook.NameSpace 

Dim myRecipient As Outlook.Recipient 

Dim CalendarFolder As Outlook.Folder 

Set myNamespace = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI") 

Set myRecipient = myNamespace.CreateRecipient("Eugene Astafiev") 

myRecipient.Resolve 

If myRecipient.Resolved Then 

Call ShowCalendar(myNamespace, myRecipient) 

End If 

End Sub 

Sub ShowCalendar(myNamespace, myRecipient) 

Dim CalendarFolder As Outlook.Folder 

Set CalendarFolder = _ 

myNamespace.GetSharedDefaultFolder _ 

(myRecipient, olFolderCalendar) 

CalendarFolder.Display 

End Sub

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:46 PM
  • >>>I have full permission on shared calendar and able to make entries with Outlook2010 but having issues while using Outlook 2013.Recently upgared the outlook 2010 to 2013 and from that day onwards unable to make entries in Shared calendar.

According to your description, please correct me if I have any misunderstandings on your question. As far as I know that after a mailbox is moved from Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 or Exchange Server 2010 to Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Server 2016, users who have Author permissions for a shared calendar of the mailbox cannot edit existing items that they created. 

To work around this issue, change the permissions of users for the shared calendar from Author to Editor. Then, those users will be able to edit calendar items.

For more information, click here to refer about Users cannot edit shared calendar items in Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Server 2016

In addition could you provide more information about your issue, for example sample codes, screenshot etc., that will help us reproduce and resolve it.

Thanks for your understanding.
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:37 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:40 AM