none
New to Visual Studio 2013

Question

• I have made some Userforms in visual basic but im looking to make them in Visual studio so that they are independent of excel so i was thinking i would need to make them in Visual Studio. I would like to make a program where i would have several different data entry forms that would enter the data into separate excel documents without opening excel. Also i would want to access that information so i make graphs and other things. Is that something i can do with visual studio 2013?

I have done some programming in visual basic so i kinda know the language but i need to learn more. Can anyone recommend some books or online classes that will help me learn the VS language?

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 9:01 PM

Answers

• Hi chadgdf,

>>Is that something i can do with visual studio 2013?

Yes, according to your description, you can implement your requirement with VS2013.

>>Can anyone recommend some books or online classes that will help me learn the VS language?

Which language do you want to learn? Visual Basic is supported in Visual Studio 2013. You can use vb which you are familiar to development your program. Following link provide a Visual Basic 2013 Tutorial, which is a third party World Wide Web site.

http://www.vbtutor.net/index.php/visual-basic-2013-tutorial/

Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

If you have any vb development problem in future, please discuss your VB problem on VB forum with other communities.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 5:46 AM

All replies

• Hi chadgdf,

>>Is that something i can do with visual studio 2013?

Yes, according to your description, you can implement your requirement with VS2013.

>>Can anyone recommend some books or online classes that will help me learn the VS language?

Which language do you want to learn? Visual Basic is supported in Visual Studio 2013. You can use vb which you are familiar to development your program. Following link provide a Visual Basic 2013 Tutorial, which is a third party World Wide Web site.

http://www.vbtutor.net/index.php/visual-basic-2013-tutorial/

Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

If you have any vb development problem in future, please discuss your VB problem on VB forum with other communities.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 5:46 AM
  • Thank you 
    Friday, November 20, 2015 7:20 PM
  • Hi chadgdf,

Please mark the helpful reply as answer, which can help other communities who has the same problem. If any question, please feel free to create a new thread on our forum.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, November 23, 2015 1:13 AM