none
dll version conflict RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Visual Studio 2003 to develop a project using the open source DotNetNuke portal framework. I have created two projects named Financial and Financial.SqlDataProvider. Both have references to DotNetNuke and Financial.SqlDataProvider has a reference to Financial. When I try to build the solution I get two errors. The first is:

Error: The dependency 'CountryListBox, Version=1.0.2182.21387, Culture=neutral' in project 'Financial.SqlDataProvider' cannot be copied to the run directory because it would conflict with dependency 'CountryListBox, Version=1.0.2182.41880, Culture=neutral'.

The second is the same but with the version numbers flipped.

I have found that removing the DotNetNuke.dll reference from either of my projects eliminates both error messages, but then of course other things break. I have checked my PC and only have the newer version of CountryListBox.dll.

Any ideas?

Friday, December 22, 2006 3:57 PM

Answers

• Are you rebuilding the DotNetNuke assembly in your solution?  Find the AssemblyInfo.cs file for that assembly and make sure the AssemblyVersion attribute in it is set correctly and doesn't contain asterisks.
    Friday, December 22, 2006 7:42 PM

All replies

• Are you rebuilding the DotNetNuke assembly in your solution?  Find the AssemblyInfo.cs file for that assembly and make sure the AssemblyVersion attribute in it is set correctly and doesn't contain asterisks.
    Friday, December 22, 2006 7:42 PM
  • No, I'm not rebuilding the DotNetNuke assembly. Any other thoughts?
    Thanks.
    Tuesday, December 26, 2006 2:04 PM