none
Getting "System.OutOfMemoryException" in Visual Studio Coded UI 2015, While Running Test Method .

Question

• Hi,

I am getting "System.OutOfMemoryException" while running Test Method in Visual Studio Coded UI .I am not using any Test

Controller or Agent , and system have enough space as well. please guide me on this . 

Thanks & regards,

Shibin KM

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hi ShibiMeppayour,

According to your description, OOM is a general error, but I have not seen it in a Code UI Test project ever.

I think we need to judge whether it is caused by VS or your project:

Please create a new coded UI project and run it to see the results. If it run well, I think this error is caused by your code. If this error happened again, it is related to your VS, please repair it.

In my opinion, this issue is more caused by your code:

1). During your code, whether you need to upload a large file?

2). Enable coded UI log, after running to see the html log to check which action has been stopped.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj159363.aspx

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by qing__Moderator Monday, February 20, 2017 7:56 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by ShibiMeppayour Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:49 AM
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 3:07 AM
  • Hi ShibiMeppayour,

Have you resolved your issue, please let me know your latest results. :)

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 17, 2017 8:16 AM
  • Hi Oscar ,

Thank you for looking this issue, and sorry for delay .

I am facing same issue .

1) No i am not uploading large file 

2)I have enabled Html log , There its not capturing screenshot for big test cases

My test case are very big some time it may have to capture more than 400 actions screenshot. Whit out screenshot its working fine(Its also working for small test cases / scenarios)

Regarads,

Shibin KM 

Thursday, March 30, 2017 6:50 AM
  • Hi ShibiMeppayour,

Was your issue resolved.   I am having the same problem.  I am using Visual Studio 2017, with coded ui  tests against a windows Docker container.  I have 200 + test and the process fails after running 8 tests.  So far the only thing that works for me is to restart the container.  I have increased the RAM on my laptop and increased memory in the container, but it still fails.  I have also tried adding garbage collection during test cleanup and test initialization, but haven't had any significant improvements.

Type: , Signature sig, Boolean constructor)

Monday, March 5, 2018 12:29 AM
  • HI,

My issue is not yet resolved , i stop capturing screenshot and proceed the same.

i have set EqtTraceLevel as 2

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 12:09 PM