none
Is there a way to update a reported problem with new information?

Question

• In VS2015, there is an option Help > Send Feedback > Report a Problem where you can create an issue and then add thing like problem area, screen shot, other attachments, and a recording of actions that produced the issue.

This is all well and good, but what if I have some new information on the bug that might be useful.  How do I see what bugs that I reported are, so that I can update them?  It seems silly to create a new one, making it difficult for the developers to ensure that they got all of the information, also increasing the bug list which they need to sift through.

Thanks,

A

I don't mind someone marking a post as "Proposed as answer", but DO NOT mark it as "Answered". If I am the OP, I will decide if a post actually answers my post or not. Thank you.

Monday, June 6, 2016 7:18 PM

Answers

• Thanks for David's help.

Hi A D R I A N,

I have submitted some feedbacks before, the connect site really is hard for us to search our reports directly, so I often take a backup for my reports.

I agree with David's suggestion, to help you resolve your real feedback, maybe you could submit it directly in the report site. Of course, if you have good suggestions for the connect report site/VS feedback tool, you could also submit a new report there, I think you would get better response from the report team experts.

Note:

It seems that we couldn't visit the connect site today, maybe they have some updates, so if you will submit the report, maybe try to visit it later.

Sincerely,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 13, 2016 3:01 AM
  • I've posted an issue with Connect here if you wish to upvote it.

I don't mind someone marking a post as "Proposed as answer", but DO NOT mark it as "Answered". If I am the OP, I will decide if a post actually answers my post or not. Thank you.

• Marked as answer by A D R I A N Wednesday, July 6, 2016 6:53 PM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 6:53 PM

All replies

• > How do I see what bugs that I reported are, so that I can update them?

Have you seen if you can identify your bug report on the connect site:
    https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio

Dave

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 7:28 AM
  • Yeah, tried that already.  They don't show up there, at least, not under my name, and I can't search for them.

A

Friday, June 10, 2016 3:26 PM
  • >Yeah, tried that already.  They don't show up there, at least, not under my name, and I can't search for them.

:(

All I can suggest is to create a new one on Connect - at least that
    way you stand a chance of a follow-up.

Dave

Friday, June 10, 2016 4:08 PM
  • Thanks for David's help.

Hi A D R I A N,

I have submitted some feedbacks before, the connect site really is hard for us to search our reports directly, so I often take a backup for my reports.

I agree with David's suggestion, to help you resolve your real feedback, maybe you could submit it directly in the report site. Of course, if you have good suggestions for the connect report site/VS feedback tool, you could also submit a new report there, I think you would get better response from the report team experts.

Note:

It seems that we couldn't visit the connect site today, maybe they have some updates, so if you will submit the report, maybe try to visit it later.

Sincerely,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, June 13, 2016 3:01 AM
  • Hi Jack,

As far as I can tell, I could only keep track and search for my own reports iff I submit to the site directly and not through the Visual Studio Help > Send Feedback > Report a Problem, which is a deficiency in the process.  This should be reported to MS and corrected.  Otherwise, duplicates will undoubtedly occur, making it more difficult for your ppl to deal with the bugs generated through increased volume and noise.

Of course, if you have good suggestions for the connect report site/VS feedback tool, you could also submit a new report there, I think you would get better response from the report team experts.

And how would I do this?

Thanks, 

A

Friday, June 24, 2016 4:54 PM
  • >As far as I can tell, I could only keep track and search for my own reports iff I submit to the site directly and not through the Visual Studio *Help > Send Feedback > Report a Problem*, which is a deficiency in the process.  This should be reported to MS and corrected.

Submit a connect bug/suggestion for that very thing and post a link to
    it here so that we can vote it up :)

Dave

Saturday, June 25, 2016 1:08 PM
  • Hi A D R I A N,

You can submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal through this site directly: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx,Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.

It shared us different feedback lists, you could chose the appropriate products as yours and submit the feedback. If you submit it, you could share us the link as Dave's suggestion. I will also help you vote it.

Best Regards,

Jack

Monday, June 27, 2016 7:04 AM
  • I've posted an issue with Connect here if you wish to upvote it.

• Marked as answer by A D R I A N Wednesday, July 6, 2016 6:53 PM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 6:53 PM
  • I get "Page Not Found" for that link.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Sunday, March 5, 2017 6:04 AM
  • Hi Sam, are you referring to the Connect link?  I just tried it and it worked.  Try again.  I know that the MS servers seem to be slow to respond, perhaps that is what caused your issue?

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:56 PM
  • I apologize for not replying sooner. I still get "Page Not Found" for that link.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:27 PM
  • Interesting Sam,

This is what I get today:

Not sure why you are having issues.  Here is the link that's not hidden behind an anchor:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ce3a0379-6659-4d58-b27d-20e2f5681b90/is-there-a-way-to-update-a-reported-problem-with-new-information?forum=visualstudiogeneral#7e11dba4-8317-456e-9c67-0a702ec36e89

Try that.  Could be that you have something in your browser intercepting and modifying the link.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:40 PM
  • Note that that link is for this thread. I assume that is not what you intended.

When I go to the Connect home page and click "Browse the full Product Directory" then click on the Developer Tools category I get the following:

So there seems to be two relevant products. When I try to Join the one I am not yet participating in I get:

If your submission is not in the vs product I am in then that is the likely reason I can't see the submission.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

• Edited by Simple Samples Thursday, March 30, 2017 9:53 PM correction
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 9:49 PM
  • No, you're right, that wasn't what I intended to post.  Try this:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedbackdetail/view/2900822/when-posting-a-bug-through-help-send-feedback-report-a-problem-i-cannot-reference-a-previously-posted-issue

There is also a similar one in UserVoice:

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-ide/suggestions/18783265-visual-studio-2015-send-feedback

The item that I've joined is Visual Studio and .NET Framework.  I find that bug tracker is quite old and clunky and it is possible that they are trying to deprecate it by not allowing new ppl to join.  Right now I think that MS is trying out a few things concurrently, but IMO is just adding to the confusion.

Thursday, April 6, 2017 6:18 PM