Lowering volume when muted causes instant unmuting RRS feed

• Question

• When the volume is muted, and you press the function key to lower the volume or click on the pointer that comes up from the volume tray icon, the volume instantly becomes unmuted, causing it to be much louder than you wanted. Would be much better for the computer to leave muting on while you lower the volume. A Sony TV I have works this way. It is fine to have muting instantly go off when you raise the volume, because you won't have the volume louder than you want it, so it won't be disturbing.

• Edited by usermcw Monday, November 7, 2011 10:48 AM
    Monday, November 7, 2011 4:45 AM

Answers

• Thanks for the reply. 

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.  I guess it is really a suggestion to Microsoft.  I don't intend to write my own mixer or player.  I probably will try to find a better place to post it.  From what I have seen, the Microsoft Connect forum is the best place to post suggestions, if an appropriate place can be found where Microsoft is accepting suggestions.    I guess this should be considered the final answer to this question for the purposes of this MSDN forum. 

usermcw

• Edited by usermcw Monday, November 21, 2011 9:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by usermcw Monday, November 21, 2011 9:47 AM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 10:01 AM

All replies

• This is not really WES realted. - But anyway if you want it this way - you might have to right your own mixer or player.

Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany
    Monday, November 7, 2011 11:01 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. 

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.  I guess it is really a suggestion to Microsoft.  I don't intend to write my own mixer or player.  I probably will try to find a better place to post it.  From what I have seen, the Microsoft Connect forum is the best place to post suggestions, if an appropriate place can be found where Microsoft is accepting suggestions.    I guess this should be considered the final answer to this question for the purposes of this MSDN forum. 

usermcw

• Edited by usermcw Monday, November 21, 2011 9:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by usermcw Monday, November 21, 2011 9:47 AM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 10:01 AM