none
I want to build a stand-alone web app that launches from the office 365 app launcher but does not interact with any office 365 apis. RRS feed

• Question

• I want to build a stand-alone app that launches from the office 365 app launcher but does not interact with any office 365 apis or user's information.

Do I still need to use Auth 2.0 and azure and create all this sign in functionality? Or can I just upload my app to the office 365 store and it will still appear in the office 365 app launcher? I can't find any information that talks about the possibility of making a standalone app that launches from the office 365 app launcher that doesn't use any information from the user or office.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Damen.Bradley,

>>Do I still need to use Auth 2.0 and azure and create all this sign in functionality? <<

It depends on the requirement that whether you used the API need to authenticate with Auth 2.0. For example, if you implement the sign in with yourself and there is no such REST API, the Auth 2.0 is not necessary. And based on my understanding, we can register the common web app with your Office 365 tenant. Then the app would appear in the Office develop site, and you can pint it to the Office 365 app launcher like figure below:

>>Or can I just upload my app to the office 365 store and it will still appear in the office 365 app launcher?<<

No, I am afraid that we are not able to submit a common web application since Office 365 store is used to publish Office 365 web app or Office and SharePoint Add-ins. And there is several type we need to indentify the app like figure below when we publish the app to Office Store:

And here is an helpful link for your reference:
    Publish Office and SharePoint Add-ins and Office 365 web apps

You can reopen a new thread in forum below if you still have issue about publishing apps for Office Store:

Publishing Apps for the Office Store

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 20, 2015 3:31 AM